The environmental protection is right now one of the priorities for the ceramic frits, glazes and colours industry.
Combining production with environmental protection and the improvement of the peoples life quality has lead the companies to minimize or eliminate the use of certain raw materials, and also to dedicate great efforts in installations improvement.
Actions for pollution prevention, reduction and control:
- Reduction of dust emissions to air from raw materials storage and transport.
- Installations sealing.
- Installations vacuum cleaning.
- Installations cleaning, conditioning and paving.
- Reduction of dust and SO2 emissions from located sources.
- Renovation or installation of gas streams anti-dust systems.
- Noise reduction.
- Closing and isolation of noisy installations.
- Water quality.
- Installation of closed-circuit cooling systems.
- Installation of purifying plants.
- Reduction, recycling and residue management.
- Selective collecting, separation and temporal storage.
- Visual impact.
- Adaptation of the installation and its surroundings to improve the landscape integration.
The technical committee
The ANFFECC Technical Committee has been working during the last decade in the study of the main issues that worry the association members such as environmental laws, product classifying, determination of the available technologies, etc.
During these years, these experts, that belong to different associated companies, have participated in subjects such as:
- SHOCS Safe Handling of products guide contents, published together with other European associations.
- Cooperation with Spanish Ministry of Environment and Fundación Entorno for the development of the IPPC Directive in Spain (Glass and Chemical Inorganic Specialties Bref).
- Study for ceramic frits classification.
- Frits transport and labelling studies.
- Emissions Trading- Cooperation with Spanish Ministry of Industry.